Links from the first printed edition of the Handbook, last checked in April 2016. See the posts in the Skills category for the latest developments.
Frameworks of skills
- CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group (2007b) Skills of a Rare Books and Special Collections Librarian
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (2008) Guidelines: competencies for special collections professionals
- Cambridge University palaeography tutorial
- National Archives online tutorials: Beginners’ Latin 1086–1733 and Advanced Latin tutorials and Reading Old Handwriting 1500–1800
- Preservation 101 from the NEDCC free online course and textbook
- Strategic Content Alliance e-learning resource for intellectual property and licensing