Here are the links from the first edition of the printed Handbook, last checked in April 2016. More recent resources and stories can be found via the posts in the User Services Category.
Examples and case studies cited in Chapter
- British Library’s Treasures Gallery app
- Hull History Centre
- National Library of Scotland’s John Murray Archive app
- North Carolina State University’s ‘WolfWalk’
- Quadmented augmented reality history of Stanford University
- Research service – Borthwick Institute for Archives, The University of York
- Sheffield University Service Level Targets
- Archival Metrics
- Designing Libraries
- Public Services Quality Group. The work done by this group is now carried on by other ARA projects. Find out more.
Online resources from the Bibliography
- Association of College and Research Libraries (2012) ACRL/RBMS Guidelines For Interlibrary And Exhibition Loan Of Special Collections Materials
- Mander, D. (2008) A Standard for Access to Archives, NCA/PSQG
- Miller, L., Galbraith, S. K. and the RLG Partnership Working Group on Streamlining Photography and Scanning (2010) ‘Capture and Release’: digital cameras in the reading room, OCLC Research.
- Public Services Quality Group (2003) Towards Generic and Universal PIs for Archives, Phase 1: performance indicators for access and usage, NCA/PSQG
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (2011) Your Old Books, rev. edn
- Schaffner, J., Snyder, F. and Supple, S. (2011) Scan and Deliver: managing user-initiated digitization in Special Collections and archives, OCLC