Where to start? This is just a sample of things I find particularly useful. You’ll find lots more by following a few links from these sources. Let me know if there’s something you like that I haven’t included.
Some essential organizations and web resources
- Association for Manuscripts and Archives in Research Collections, www.amarc.org.uk.
- Association of Research Libraries, www.arl.org.
- CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group, www.cilip.org.uk/about/special-interest-groups/rare-books-special-collections-group.
- Consortium of European Research Libraries, www.cerl.org.
- Historic Libraries Forum, www.historiclibrariesforum.org.uk.
- IFLA Rare Books and Special Collections Section, www.ifla.org/rare-books-and-special-collections.
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the Association of College & Research Libraries (part of the American Library Association), www.rbms.info.
- Rare Books in Scotland, www.nls.uk/about-us/working-with-others/rare-books-in-scotland.
- Research Libraries UK UDC Hub, www.rluk.ac.uk/udc.
Useful mailing lists
- Archives & Archivists, www2.archivists.org/listservs/archives.
- Archives-nra, www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=archives-nra.
- Ex Libris, https://list.indiana.edu/sympa/arc/exlibris-l.
- Lis-rarebooks, www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=lis-rarebooks.
- RBMS Electronic Discussion List, http://rbms.info/publications/discussion_list.