Links from the Second Edition of the Handbook, checked and updated November 2019. I’m going to replace these with the links from the forthcoming Third Edition very soon!
Some essential organizations and web resources
- Association for Manuscripts and Archives in Research Collections, www.amarc.org.uk.
- Association of Research Libraries, www.arl.org.
- CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group, www.cilip.org.uk/about/special-interest-groups/rare-books-special-collections-group.
- Consortium of European Research Libraries, www.cerl.org.
- Historic Libraries Forum, historiclibrariesforum.com.
- IFLA Rare Books and Special Collections Section, www.ifla.org/rare-books-and-special-collections.
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section of the Association of College & Research Libraries (part of the American Library Association), www.rbms.info.
- Rare Books in Scotland, www.nls.uk/about-us/working-with-others/rare-books-in-scotland.
- Research Libraries UK UDC Hub, www.rluk.ac.uk/udc.
Useful mailing lists
- Archives & Archivists, www2.archivists.org/listservs/archives. This list is being decommissioned in December 2017. The rationale for this decision is explained in this document from the Society of American Archivists. The archives can still be seen online.
- Archives-nra, www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=archives-nra.
- Ex Libris, https://list.indiana.edu/sympa/arc/exlibris-l.
- Lis-libhist, www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=lis-libhist
- Lis-rarebooks, www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=lis-rarebooks.
- RBMS Electronic Discussion List, http://rbms.info/publications/discussion_list.