Here are the web links cited in the first edition of the printed Handbook, last checked April 2016. See also the Collections management category.
Examples and case studies cited in the Handbook
- Bodleian Electronic Manuscripts and Archives (FutureArch)
- British Library: acquisition of Wendy Cope archive, and John Berger visit
- Broadlands Archive
- Cardiff Rare Books. Original link, to a Cardiff University press release, is now broken. Peters, J. (2010) Rare books collection to find new home at Cardiff University Library, Sconul Focus 49 (10), 54-56, tells the story of the acquisition, and you can discover the books on the SCOLAR blog.
- Grateful Dead Archive
- Great War Archive
- Old Weather
- Sloane Printed Books Project
- University History Project Westminster
- Women’s Library Collection Development Policy. The Women’s Library moved to LSE in 2013: find out how LSE will develop the collection.
- Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association
- Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association of America
- Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association of Canada
- Arts Council England webpage on tax incentives for acquisitions, including the Acceptance in Lieu scheme and private treaty sales.
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Antiquarian Booksellers
- Digital Curation Centre
- Film Archives UK (previously the Film Archive Forum)
- Hathi Trust
- International League of Antiquarian Booksellers
- JISC Digital Media This link still works and leads to useful info, but the site will no longer be updated after 2016.
- London International Antiquarian Book Fair
- Look here! Project
- Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association
- RunCoCo projects
- UKOLN This link still works, but UKOLN ceased operation in 2015.
Online resources cited in the Bibliography
- Association of College and Research Libraries (2008) Guidelines on the Selection and Transfer of Materials from General Collections to Special Collections, 3rd edn.
- CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group (2009a) Disposals Policy for Rare Books and Manuscripts
- Erway, R. (2011) Rapid Capture: faster throughput in digitization of Special Collections, OCLC
- National Archives (2011) Purchasing Archives and Manuscripts: a checklist for archivists
- National Archives (2006) Guidance for Record Repositories on Loan (Deposit) Agreements for Privately-Owned Archives
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (2009) Digitization of Special Collections: RBMS principles for digital content