Here are the links from the Second Edition of the Handbook, last checked and updated November 2019. This is a fast-changing area of practice; please find updates via the Law and Ethics category.
- New Code of Ethics for the Archives and Records Association adopted in 2018, https://www.archives.org.uk/membership/code-of-ethics.html.
- DILON diversity in libraries in the North of England, https://libdiverse.wordpress.com. Safe space and advocacy in the North of England.
Examples and case studies cited in the Handbook
- Lindisfarne gospels campaign, www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-22859403.
- PaxCat Project, https://commonwealarchives.wordpress.com/.
- Re-framing Disability exhibition, www.rcplondon.ac.uk/news/re-framing-disability-portraits-royal-college-physicians.
- Reiss Engelhorn Museum court case, http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2016/06/digitising-public-domain-images-creates-a-new-copyright-germany.
- Spoliation Advisory Panel, www.gov.uk/government/groups/spoliation-advisory-panel.
- Wellcome Images, https://wellcomeimages.org.
- ALIA on copyright, www.alia.org.au/advocacy-and-campaigns/advocacy-campaigns-0/copyright-reform.
- American Library Association Copyright pages, www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/copyright/index.cfm.
- Australian Copyright Council, www.copyright.org.au.
- Australian Digital Alliance, www.digital.org.au.
- Australian Libraries Copyright Committee, www.digital.org.au/alcc.
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office – Copyrights, www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/h_wr00003.html.
- Canadian Library Association On Copyright, http://cla.ca/resources/copyright-information.
- CILIP Community, Diversity and Equality Group, https://www.cilip.org.uk/members/group.aspx?id=201300.
- Copyright Council of New Zealand, www.copyright.org.nz.
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States, http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm.
- Creative Commons, creativecommons.org.
- DPLA and Europeana rights statements, rightsstatements.org/en.
- FOB: Firms Out of Business, tyler.hrc.utexas.edu/fob.cfm.
- Information Commissioner’s Office (UK), https://ico.org.uk.
- Intellectual Property Office (UK), www.ipo.gov.uk, and see www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-copyright-law, for the 2014 changes to copyright law.
- Jisc Legal (UK), no longer available.
- LACA: the Libraries and Archives Copyright Alliance, https://uklaca.org/.
- Oral History Society, https://www.ohs.org.uk/.
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section, Diversity Committee, rbms.info/diversity.
- Society of American Archivists case studies (several concerning application of ethics and managing diversity), www2.archivists.org/publications/casestudies.
- Society of American Archivists Cultural Heritage Working Group, www2.archivists.org/groups/cultural-heritage-working-group.
- Strategic Content Alliance IPR and licensing module, https://sca.jiscinvolve.org/wp/files/2009/10/sca_ipr_toolkit-v2-01_intro.pdf.
- The National Archives (UK) guidance on legislation relevant to archives, https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/archives-sector/legislation/.
- United States Copyright Office, www.copyright.gov.
- WATCH File: Writers, Artists and Their Copyright Holders, tyler.hrc.utexas.edu.
- Web2rights calculator. No longer available online as far as I can see, but useful flowcharts etc. can still be found at this site, www.web2rights.org.uk.
- World Intellectual Property Organization, www.wipo.int/portal/index.html.en.