Here are the links from the Second Edition of the Handbook, last checked and updated November 2019. I’m going to replace these with the links from the forthcoming Third Edition very soon! This is a fast-changing area of practice; please find updates via the Law and Ethics category.
- New Code of Ethics for the Archives and Records Association adopted in 2018, https://www.archives.org.uk/membership/code-of-ethics.html.
- DILON diversity in libraries in the North of England, https://libdiverse.wordpress.com. Safe space and advocacy in the North of England.
Examples and case studies cited in the Handbook
- Lindisfarne gospels campaign, www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-22859403.
- PaxCat Project, https://commonwealarchives.wordpress.com/.
- Re-framing Disability exhibition, www.rcplondon.ac.uk/news/re-framing-disability-portraits-royal-college-physicians.
- Reiss Engelhorn Museum court case, http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2016/06/digitising-public-domain-images-creates-a-new-copyright-germany.
- Spoliation Advisory Panel, www.gov.uk/government/groups/spoliation-advisory-panel.
- Wellcome Images, https://wellcomeimages.org.
- ALIA on copyright, www.alia.org.au/advocacy-and-campaigns/advocacy-campaigns-0/copyright-reform.
- American Library Association Copyright pages, www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/copyright/index.cfm.
- Australian Copyright Council, www.copyright.org.au.
- Australian Digital Alliance, www.digital.org.au.
- Australian Libraries Copyright Committee, www.digital.org.au/alcc.
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office – Copyrights, www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cipointernet-internetopic.nsf/eng/h_wr00003.html.
- Canadian Library Association On Copyright, http://cla.ca/resources/copyright-information.
- CILIP Community, Diversity and Equality Group, https://www.cilip.org.uk/members/group.aspx?id=201300.
- Copyright Council of New Zealand, www.copyright.org.nz.
- Copyright Term and the Public Domain in the United States, http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm.
- Creative Commons, creativecommons.org.
- DPLA and Europeana rights statements, rightsstatements.org/en.
- FOB: Firms Out of Business, tyler.hrc.utexas.edu/fob.cfm.
- Information Commissioner’s Office (UK), https://ico.org.uk.
- Intellectual Property Office (UK), www.ipo.gov.uk, and see www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-copyright-law, for the 2014 changes to copyright law.
- Jisc Legal (UK), no longer available.
- LACA: the Libraries and Archives Copyright Alliance, https://uklaca.org/.
- Oral History Society, https://www.ohs.org.uk/.
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section, Diversity Committee, rbms.info/diversity.
- Society of American Archivists case studies (several concerning application of ethics and managing diversity), www2.archivists.org/publications/casestudies.
- Society of American Archivists Cultural Heritage Working Group, www2.archivists.org/groups/cultural-heritage-working-group.
- Strategic Content Alliance IPR and licensing module, https://sca.jiscinvolve.org/wp/files/2009/10/sca_ipr_toolkit-v2-01_intro.pdf.
- The National Archives (UK) guidance on legislation relevant to archives, https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/archives-sector/legislation/.
- United States Copyright Office, www.copyright.gov.
- WATCH File: Writers, Artists and Their Copyright Holders, tyler.hrc.utexas.edu.
- Web2rights calculator. No longer available online as far as I can see, but useful flowcharts etc. can still be found at this site, www.web2rights.org.uk.
- World Intellectual Property Organization, www.wipo.int/portal/index.html.en.