This page comprises Examples and Case Studies, Useful Websites, and Online Bibliographic Resources from the first edition of the printed Handbook. Last checked April 2016.
See also posts on Emergencies and security.
Examples and case studies cited in the Handbook
- Anna Amalia Library
- Bodleian Libraries: Travel Disruption keeps Magna Carta in New York
- Boston Athenaeum: Frequently Asked Questions about the Water Leak. This link is no longer current, but the story of the water leak can be found in the annual report of 2011.
- Durham University Celebrates Return of Shakespeare First Folio
- To Preserve and Protect: Security Solutions for New York’s Historical Records. This link is no longer current, but this page offers similar content.
- Art Loss Register
- Australian Library and Information Association disaster recovery pages
- California Preservation Program
- Government Indemnity Scheme (UK)
- HDRS templates
- Heritage Emergency National Taskforce (US)
- ILAB Stolen-book.org
- M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries template. This template does not appear to be freely available online to non-members anymore.
- Missing Materials database. This resource is no longer being developed. Find out more in this post, March 2012.
- NN/LM Emergency Preparedness & Response Toolkit
- RBMS Security Committee
Online resources cited in the Bibliography
- Association of College and Research Libraries (2009a) ACRL/RBMS Guidelines Regarding Security and Theft in Special Collections
- Center, C. and Lancaster, D. (2004) Security in Special Collections, ARL Spec Kit
- CILIP Rare Books and Special Collections Group (2009b) Theft of Books and Manuscripts from Libraries: an advisory code of conduct for booksellers and librarians
- Johnstone, C. (n.d.) All Together Now: [Yorkshire Rapid Response Network], Available from Social History Curators’ Group training handouts web page
- Martin, S. K. (2002) Insuring and Valuing Research Library Collections, ARL Spec Kit, ARL
- NEDCC (n.d.) Worksheet for Outlining a Disaster Plan
- Resource: The Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries (2003) Security in Museums, Archives and Libraries: a practical guide
- Stewart, D. (2009) Fire, Canadian Conservation Institute. This link is no longer current. Replacement to follow.
- Various Authors (1986) In the News: LA Public Library burns, WAAC Newsletter, 8 (3), 12–13
- Waters, P. (1993) Procedures for Salvage of Water Damaged Library Materials, Library of Congress